Are you planning a kitchen renovation in 2023 and feeling overwhelmed by the endless cabinet style options out there? Fear not! We’ve done the research and rounded up the top 4 kitchen cabinet styles that are sure to be popular in the coming year.
Whether you’re a traditionalist at heart or a modern minimalist, there’s a cabinet style on this list for you. So without further ado, let’s dive into the top 4 kitchen cabinet styles to consider in 2023!
1. Shaker Style Cabinets
If you’re a fan of classic, understated elegance, then you’ll love shaker style cabinets! These beauties have a simple, minimalistic design with a recessed panel on the door, giving them a clean and refined look.
They’re perfect for those who appreciate the finer things in life, but don’t want to go over-the-top with ornate details. Plus, with their versatility, shaker style cabinets can be incorporated into a variety of kitchen designs, whether you’re going for a traditional or modern look.
So go ahead and give these timeless cabinets a try – your kitchen (and your guests) will thank you!
To achieve the Shaker style in your kitchen cabinets, there are a few key elements to consider:
- Choose a wood species that has a simple, natural grain pattern, such as maple or cherry. These woods will give your cabinets a classic, understated look.
- Opt for a paint or stain color that is neutral or subdued. Shaker style cabinets are known for their simplicity, so a bold or bright color might be too much.
- Choose hardware that is minimalistic and understated. Shaker style cabinets often have simple, round or oval-shaped knobs, or elongated handles with a straight or slightly curved profile.
- To capture the clean, minimalistic look of Shaker style cabinets, why not opt for open shelving or glass-front doors? Not only do these components add a bit of personality to your kitchen cabinetry but they also provide an opportunity to display dishes and glassware.
- Style your kitchen with the simplicity of a Shaker aesthetic. Aim for an overall design that is minimalistic and free from excessive decorative features or countertop clutter.
2. Flat-panel cabinets
Flat-panel cabinets are a great choice for those who love a sleek, modern look in their kitchen. With their smooth, flat doors and no visible framing or edging, these cabinets have a clean, minimalist appearance that is perfect for contemporary or modern kitchen designs. They can be made of wood or man-made materials, such as laminate or thermofoil, and come in a wide range of colors and finishes.
One of the best things about flat-panel cabinets is their versatility. They can be paired with a variety of countertop materials, from granite to quartz to wood, and they work well with both traditional and modern hardware options.
Design a kitchen that stands out from the crowd with unique cabinet styles and finishes.
Crafting a uniform and polished look with flat-panel cabinets in your kitchen requires adhering to the following guidelines:
- Choose a material for your cabinets that has a smooth, sleek finish, such as wood or laminate. These materials will give your cabinets a modern, minimalistic look.
- Opt for a color or finish that complements the overall design of your kitchen. Flat-panel cabinets are known for their clean, simple look, so consider choosing a neutral or subdued color that will blend seamlessly with the rest of the space.
- When selecting hardware, ensure that it complements the style and finish of your cabinets. Flat-panel designs fit nicely with round or oval knobs, while elongated handles can provide a neat touch when given a straight or slightly curved profile. To maintain an aesthetic consistency throughout your space, select hardware in colors that match those of your cabinets for a unified look.
- Achieve a polished, professional aesthetic in your kitchen by keeping clean and organized. The flat-panel cabinet style brings both functionality and simplicity, so stay away from overly decorative accents or unnecessary countertop mess. This will ensure that your kitchen looks put together while still remaining practical!
3. Slab or slab-front cabinets
Slab or slab-front cabinets, also known as frameless cabinets, are a popular style of kitchen cabinet which have become increasingly popular over the years. As their name suggests, slab or slab-front cabinets usually feature a flat front with no edges and no frame around the door. With modern, clean lines and an uncomplicated design, they’re perfect for creating a minimal yet functional look in any kitchen.
Plus, with this type of design there is less dust build up so you can keep your kitchen visually simple yet still spotless! They also come in a wide range of colors making it easy to match them to your existing kitchen decor. From classic white and pastel shades to vivid brights and metallics, you’ll be sure to find something that fits with your own style.
- Pick a slab style whose size, material and color complement the overall tone of your kitchen – consider both elements like countertop texture as well as broader design trends.
- Consider varying height within the cabinet installation – from full-height and tall wall cabinets that maximize vertical space to shorter lowers for extra flair.
- Think about how the door handles will fit into your desired look – easy grip knobs for a no-fuss approach or handle bars for more variation.
4. Raised panel cabinets
If you’re a fan of traditional, elegant kitchen designs, then raised panel cabinets might be just what you’re looking for. These cabinets have a raised panel on the door, which adds depth and dimension to the overall design. They are often made of wood and come in a variety of colors and finishes.
But don’t let their classic looks fool you – raised panel cabinets are quite versatile and can be incorporated into a variety of kitchen designs, from traditional to rustic. Raised panel cabinets are the perfect way to elevate your kitchen’s design. The raised panels provide an ornamental detail that adds a hint of sophistication, creating a stunning and elegant look for any space.
If you’re seeking the ideal raised panel cabinets for your kitchen, these helpful tips can guide you towards making a worthwhile choice:
- Consider the size of your space. Raised panel cabinets come in a variety of sizes and configurations, so you should pick one that fits comfortably with the existing layout of your kitchen.
- Decide which material is best for you. Most raised panel cabinets are made from wood or MDF (medium-density fibreboard), but you can also find them in metal and vinyl.
- Consider the finish of your cabinets. From traditional stained wood to sleek high-gloss paint, there’s a finish out there to complete your kitchen’s look.
2023 is the year where you can get creative with your kitchen cabinet designs. Whether you’re looking for flat-panel, slab or raised panel cabinets, no matter the style or material, there’s something out there to suit your taste and budget. Design a kitchen that stands out from the crowd with unique cabinet styles and finishes – so go ahead and let your imagination run wild!